Saturday, October 23, 2010

Common Sense Atheism Challenge

For my own intellectual benefit and interest and for and independent study I am undergoing my own form of the Common Sense Atheism Challenge. The challenge involves reading several books of differing perspective, all on the subject of whether God exists or not. Here is  my current book list::
Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig
The Christian Delusion by John W. Loftus
Scaling Secular City by J. P. Moreland
Arguing for Atheism by Le Poidevin
The Miracle of Theism by Mackie
The Existence of God by Swinburne
Arguing About Gods by Oppy
Warranted Christain Belief by Plantinga

I will try to write posts on my immediate reflections of each work and their respective arguments, and compare the force of each book against the other position. Currently I am an atheist though I was a former believer, however I will try to be agnostic as possible while reading.

Dr. Mcbrayer of Fort Lewis College also suggested that I read:
The Problem of Evil (van Inwagen)
Divine Hiddenness and Human Reason (Schellenberg)
Knowledge of God (Plantinga and Tooley)
and
Philosophy of Religion (Rowe)
An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion (Murray & Rea)
and other suggestions I have had include works by Michael Martin


As you can see I have a rather large reading list, hopefully I will have read the majority of these books by the end of this school year, May 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment